Kolab creates user but does not creates its mailbox (anymore)
Diego M. Vadell
2008-10-09 20:03:16 UTC
I'm using Kolab 2.2.0 with CentOS 5.2 . I have already used this
combination with great success. Today we unplugged the old Exchange server,
and added the last accounts. To our surprise, those last mail accounts were
in the Kolab administration web page, but the only thing that was missing was
cyrus' mailbox.

We started getting "service unavailable. Command output: Failed to set
recipient: Mailbox unknown. Either there is no mailbox associated with this
name or you do not have authorization to see it. 5.1.1 User unknown,
code=550, original code 550" in postfix' log. Creating the mailbox solved the
problem (using cyradm, and just cm user/XXXX at domain.tdl).

Also, we deleted some users and they got stuck with the "this user is
deleted... waiting for cleanup" message in the admin interface. I restarted
kolabd (openpkg rc kolabd stop , and then start) and those messages went
away, with the deleted accounts. But the first problem still persists.

I added a user with /kolab/libexec/kolab/adduser as the wiki says (
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Server_Troubleshooting_-_Mail_accounts )
and although the user is in the admin web page now, it's cyrus mailbox does
not exists.

Question: What part of Kolab is responsible of creating the cyrus account,
so I can futher troubleshoot it?

Thanks in advance,
-- Diego.
Richard Bos
2008-10-09 21:14:06 UTC
Hi Diego,
Post by Diego M. Vadell
Question: What part of Kolab is responsible of creating the cyrus account,
so I can futher troubleshoot it?
you can restart the kolab daemon (kolabd). Very often this helps, to resolve
the problem.
--
Richard Bos
We are borrowing the world of our children,
It is not inherited from our parents.
Diego M. Vadell
2008-10-09 20:25:26 UTC
Thank you very much. But I have already done that, 3 times. It did fixed
the web page (the "waiting for deletion" messages) but still it doesn't
create cyrus' mailboxes.

Is it kolabd responsible for making the mailbox? How can I debug it?

Thanks
-- Diego.
Post by Richard Bos
Hi Diego,
Post by Diego M. Vadell
Question: What part of Kolab is responsible of creating the cyrus
account, so I can futher troubleshoot it?
you can restart the kolab daemon (kolabd). Very often this helps, to
resolve the problem.
if this does not work, restart all kolab related services...
How is it going with the patch that you dropped at the php developers? Any
sign of live from the php developers?
Richard Bos
2008-10-09 21:44:03 UTC
Post by Diego M. Vadell
Hi,
Thank you very much. But I have already done that, 3 times. It did fixed
the web page (the "waiting for deletion" messages) but still it doesn't
create cyrus' mailboxes.
Is it kolabd responsible for making the mailbox? How can I debug it?
I believe it is indeed. You can debug it with setting the loglevel to e.g. 5
in the etc/kolab/kolab.conf, like:
log_level : 5
and monitor the messages file.

The process of adding a user, is like:
Add user to ldap, ldap replicates this data to the slaves. One of the slaves
is the kolabd, the kolabd extracts the info it needs, and created the
mailbox.

Thinking out load: would it be useful to add a real ldap slave to the system,
that way it would be easy to determine whether replication works (just dump
the dit from the slave).
Post by Diego M. Vadell
Thanks
-- Diego.
Post by Richard Bos
Hi Diego,
Diego M. Vadell
2008-10-09 21:20:51 UTC
I restarted openLDAP and everything started working. Somehow, kolabd was
not receiving the updates.

Thanks Richard for your explanation! I wouldn't have done it without it.

-- Diego.
Post by Richard Bos
Post by Diego M. Vadell
Hi,
Thank you very much. But I have already done that, 3 times. It did
fixed the web page (the "waiting for deletion" messages) but still it
doesn't create cyrus' mailboxes.
Is it kolabd responsible for making the mailbox? How can I debug it?
I believe it is indeed. You can debug it with setting the loglevel to e.g.
log_level : 5
and monitor the messages file.
Add user to ldap, ldap replicates this data to the slaves. One of the
slaves is the kolabd, the kolabd extracts the info it needs, and created
the mailbox.
Thinking out load: would it be useful to add a real ldap slave to the
system, that way it would be easy to determine whether replication works
(just dump the dit from the slave).
Post by Diego M. Vadell
Thanks
-- Diego.